Atlanta Legal Aid Society works to remove barriers to justice so that everyone can receive quality legal care, regardless of income. Through our 75 attorneys on staff, our self-help tools, and our pro bono program, we help our clients deal with some of life’s most basic needs. For nearly 100 years, we have been helping our clients to secure safe homes, have enough food to eat, get a decent education, be protected against fraud, and get legal protection against domestic violence. Last year alone, our attorneys handled more than 20,000 cases that affected over 45,000 people in metro Atlanta. At Atlanta Legal Aid, we believe in a future where everyone has equal access to justice, regardless of income, and we are working towards that future every day.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to work in our downtown headquarters. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and fostering positive relationships with the leadership and staff members at the central and satellite offices. This position will provide a wide range of HR support and advice for our 150 employees including in the functional areas of recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations, training, onboarding, performance management, policy implementation, payroll and employment law compliance. In particular the Human Resources Manager will help the program design and implement an electronic time and attendance system and help review and update onboarding and orientation procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or five to seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Past success working in a non-profit organization
- HR certification, PHR or SHRM-SCP
Additional Eligibility Qualifications and Skills Required
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Customer-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Google Workspace and HRMS (Paylocity)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- High level of integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Terms: The starting salary for someone with 7 years’ experience is $53,800. The program provides generous fringe benefits, including educational loan reimbursement up to $7,200 per year (after a $65 per month deductible and set off of other loan reimbursement amounts); paid holidays, PTO, and paid parental leave; health, life, and long and short-term disability insurance; partial payment for dependent health insurance; a salary reduction option for a flexible spending account; and a voluntary tax-sheltered annuity with 3% match.
To apply: A complete application packet must include a letter of application and résumé. Please upload your application as one PDF document using our online application system at the following link:
Your application will be acknowledged. No telephone calls please.
EOE: ALAS considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status,
or sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.